The European Association of Homes and Services for the Ageing (EAHSA) is the European integral platform of the providers of housing, services and care for the ageing sector. Members represent all types of organisations and individuals active for older persons and all types of ownership including for profit, not-for-profit and governmental organisations. EAHSA members represent more than 3,000 providers spread in 20 European countries.
The Vision of EAHSA is to improve the quality of life for older persons and support its members in making each day a better day for their clients by providing high quality housing, services and care. EAHSA support its members in realizing this vision by:
- giving a voice to the providers for the ageing sector in Europe’s debates;
- raising awareness and understanding of the impact of European policies among the ageing sector and other interested parties;
- establishing good contacts with EU institutions like the relevant Directorates General of the Commission, the Council and the Parliament and its Intergroup on Ageing;
- becoming a key network for the providers for the ageing sector.
EAHSA’s Guiding Principles provide the basis for the way the senior living industry has to develop in order to keep the industry viable, sustainable and responsive to future demands and needed developments. EAHSA’s five guiding principles are:
- Preserving dignity.
- Nurturing spirits in life.
- Comforting in partnership.
- Encouraging diversity in housing and services.
- Adopting a care-focused and modern approach.