NCF Pre-Conference Dinner 4 June 2019
Speaker - Paul Gaudin - Founder of CareRooms.com
Paul trained in Mechanical Engineering and has been a serial entrepreneur since the age of 22. Married for 29 years to the long suffering Maureen with two daughters, Lizzie and Aimee and son Tom.
He has started businesses as diverse as the New York Bagel company, the Q Score (quealth.co) as an international metric for disease risk and lifestyle change and as a proxy for underwriting life and health insurance products. Aviva Myhealthcounts and Vitality are two of the products with which he has been closely associated.
He ran the national CVD and Diabetes screening programme for the HEA and set up the professional services models for most of the Pharmacy chains. He set up and sold an occupational health business and a small group of Primary care centres.
He Chairs My mhealth and Q Doctor and in 2017 he launched CareRooms.com to help his Mother and a friend. He inadvertently caused an international storm!
He has two main areas of activity:
- Advisor and Mentor to the NHS Clinical Entrepreneurs Programme.
- Advisor to the Insurance industry on Medtech and Insurtech investments
- Board Chairman and NED of a range of companies.
- Advisory Board member of Health Innovation Manchester
- Governor of Cambridge Regional College
Social Impact Investments:
- Paul has developed a portfolio of investments in a wide range of businesses covering medtech and insurtech innovation, health and lifestyle services and products, all aimed at helping innovators to bring their ideas to market to create as much social and health impact as possible.