NCF partner projects: NSA
(now part of Skills for Care)
...part of a distinctive community of practice with a professional voice in social care.
By working together with the National Care Forum, we know that we can make an even bigger difference to the quality of leadership and care available in social care. We all believe passionately that what we do collectively will make a positive difference.
We aim to embed leadership at all levels in the sector, and so to transform the quality of care that is provided to service users. At the Skills Academy we believe that the Leadership Qualities Framework is the catalyst required to create this new culture.
Membership of the Skills Academy gives you access to programmes and support designed to help you develop your leadership capacity and that of your staff, so that you can grow your organisation.
- access to our online assessment tools that enables members to track and develop individual and organisational leadership capacity against a national benchmark
- use of our benchmarking tools for organisations to demonstrate meeting and exceeding CQC (i.e. regulatory) requirements
- for Registered Managers – a membership organisation tailored especially to their needs
- access to up-to-the-minute learning and thinking around leadership, all linked to our national Leadership Strategy for social care that we have developed for the sector on behalf of the Department of Health
- access to bespoke leadership programmes developed for different levels of the workforce, including Front-Line Leaders, Operational Leaders, and people in senior management roles
- access to our endorsed training providers, who provide demonstrably high quality social care training
- badging as a Skills Academy member, to demonstrate your commitment to excellence in social care
- 1:1 and online advice and guidance on leadership and development
- regional and online networks and events with other organisations and individuals across social care who are committed to leadership and quality in the sector
- discounts and priority bookings on Skills Academy workshops and conferences
- CPD and CPD advice
- monthly e-bulletins and jobs boards
- being part of a social care community committed to excellence, and having a voice on social care issues.
We welcome feedback on how we can improve our services to members.
NSA Careship feature: Focus on Leadership and Governance: developing leadership at Board level
The National Skills Academy for Social Care, introduces new resources designed to help providers strengthen their governance. Page 2 features an article 'ensuring boards are effective' by former NCF Executive Director, Des Kelly OBE.